Academic ProgrammesTechnical Diploma in Accounting
The Diploma program in accounting lays a heavy emphasis on practical application of knowledge while at the same time recognizes the importance of development of correct attitudes a long side theoretical and intellectual development of the graduate accountant.
The curriculum is designed to equip graduates to face challenge of modern accounting practice. Both the theoretical and practical aspects of the various accounting subspecialties will be covered through the course of study enabling the graduate to plan analyze and solve accounting problems.
1.1 The objective:
In the line with general objective of Cambridge International College the objective of accounting department is to:
1. Train and qualify students at the under graduate level in the various fields of accounting sciences.
2. Provide training on a continuous basis to public and private sectors.
3. Provide consultancy services to the public and private sectors on various management issues.
4. Train students to become professional accountants.
5. Prepare students for post graduate studies.
6. Enhance national, regional and international co-operation between research and institutions of higher education.
1.2 The program:
The accounting department offers Diploma in Accounting, which consists of six semesters / 15 weeks per semester.
* Diploma in Accounting Will be awarded upon the successful completion of the all semesters.
2. Career Opportunities:
Graduate can seek employment in a wide range of accounting specialties; this qualification reflects accounting job roles in financial services and other industries requiring accounting support functions, including accounts payable officer, account receivable officer, bookkeeper, and administration officer. Duties such as the following could be performed:
• Completing business activity statement and other office taxes.
• Operational reporting.
• Producing non-complex management reports including compiling budget information.
• Compiling data for job costing reports.
• Supervising the operation of computer-based financial systems.
• Classifying, recording and reporting accounting information.
• Maintaining inventory records.
• Managing small office.
• Ensuring relevant legal requirements are adhered.
3. Program Goals:
The main goals of Diploma in accounting program are:
1-To prepare graduate accountant who can accomplish the accounting work using professional consideration.
2- To achieve a practical orientation of the graduate accountants.
3- To prepare the graduate accountants with sound knowledge in the fundamentals so as to enable them to participate in applied theoretical research as well as consultancy services.
4- To develop the necessary skills among graduate accountants as a basis for employment and further studies.
5- To develop appropriate attitude, initiative, and creative thinking oriented to the world of work.
4. Program Outcomes:
On completion of the courses, graduates of the program should be able to:
1-Select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools to broadly defined accounting activities.
2- Select and apply knowledge of accounting work that requires the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
3- Function effectively as a member or leader in a team.
4-Identify, analyze and solve accounting problems.
5- Communicate effectively regarding defined accounting work
6- Demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to professional and ethical responsibilities.
7- Exhibit a commitment to quality, timelines and continuous improvement.
5. Program structure:
The program involves six semesters to be taught in three years, length of each semester is fifteen weeks. The total credit hours in the program are Ninety six (96) credit hours.